Friday, June 12, 2009

Vacation!

We're going to the beach - July 4-11! And we're paying for it in cash! (Are you really surprised?)
I came across a great little condo in a prime location. When I inquired, the week that we wanted was no longer available. But they offered us the week of July 4th at a discount (minus $200 - which is basically just getting a night for free.)
I've already started budgeting vacation costs (going out to eat, beach tags, amusements, etc) and we can totally have a great vacation.

I keep telling everyone that I feel like a grown up - taking my kids on vacation and paying for it myself. I hope this becomes a great tradition!

This does mean that our debt payments might take a hit over the next month or two, but a week away is worth it to us- making memories for our kids and really enjoying ourselves.
Maybe next year we'll go for 2 weeks! :)

No comments: